Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Power of a Good Read


Welcome to Literally Speaking!

This is a blog created for the fifth and sixth grade language arts students of Mrs. Caraway at The Odyssey Preparatory Academy. This is the spot where you can review books you have read, recommend books you have loved, and "share journal" about books you are currently reading.

I am very excited to hear your honest thoughts and critiques of literature but remind all to make sure the tone and words reflect respect and wise word choices, whether you are commenting on a book you have read, a specific author, or responding to the posts of others. Also, keep in mind this is a blog for language arts; please do your very best to use correct English, spelling, and punctuation. It's important to practice these skills whenever we can!

As you read and respond, it is my hope that you will discover new books and authors you will love and share with your fellow readers stories that have inspired you.

Thank you, and happy reading!
Mrs. Caraway

3 comments:

  1. i love reading so much i don't like to read the first part. but when someone forces me to i just want to find out what happens for example MRS.caraway made us read the secret garden i'me just wondering what is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick, I am so happy that you are enjoying The Secret Garden. I think it is an exciting book, too. I can see why she was the JK Rowling of her time! : )

    Remember to capitalize the personal I! You know me....always checking up on that grammar! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete